Thursday, July 8, 2010

Creativity


I’m not creative, nor ever claimed to be. 
There were simply other gifts that were saved for me. 
My daughter, however, is quite inventive.
She makes things from nothing, with no real Incentive.  

On one occasion she needed a cast. 
An idea came to her unbelievably fast.
A long sleeved shirt became sleeveless in minutes.
I gave credit where due, but that reached my limits. 

On another day she threw a big bash. 
With no real decorations, she made her own stash.
So she cut and she tied and created a sight! 
But it was momma picking up till’ well past midnight. 

And then just recent, she took a long “trip.” 
She packed clothes and toys and a suit for a dip. 
They were off to the Beach, with nothing to lack…
It only took me three days to unpack. 

Then one day, trying to get my shopping done,  
The kids acted up, so I thought I’d have fun. 
I changed my voice and called myself Daisy.  
My kids laughed, though others thought I was crazy. 

It occurred to me, then, in the middle of the store:
I’m OK with the messes; there will no doubt be more. 
My daughter’s an example of a great way to live.   
Perhaps she's teaching me… how to be creative…






2 comments:

  1. You're plenty creative...that's what I think
    Just scratching the surface...you're right on the brink!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't imagine how excited that girl's sewing maching addicted Grandma is seeing a picture of her granddaughter in a FABRIC STORE.
    I always knew there was a sewing gene in the family.

    ReplyDelete