Sunday, August 21, 2011

What (I Hope) Lily Learns

 My baby starts school this week.  Just a couple of mornings during the week, but still, it's hard for me to believe that she's starting school. 

But this is not just hard to believe because she's my baby.  It's literally hard for me to believe....to picture...to imagine....Lily sitting still, following directions, and listening to a teacher.  And yet, I have to remind myself, when she tells me she can't hear me because make believe 'Rea' is talking too loud, that these are things she will learn.  I'm quite sure that Lily Joy will learn a lot this year.  I hope that Lily Joy will learn a lot this year...

I hope she'll learn how to sit and listen......
 I hope she learns how to raise her hand....
I hope she learns how to write her letters....
 ...and learns that she can't demand. 
I hope she learns of the world around her....
 And how to be polite.....

I hope she learns more about Jesus......
 ...and how to trust in him day and night. 
 But there's one certain thing that I hope Lily learns...
  Dear teacher of Lily....please, oh, please....
Can you possibly teach my daughter.....
....how to say....CHEESE. 

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I love your blog! You are so funny...

    I have read Erin's blog and I am praying for her. So glad to be able to keep up with your family. (We are near Kansas City for the year, fairly close to you!)

    Can't wait to read more. Molly [Maddox] Huggins

    ReplyDelete