Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blessed, Blessed, Blessed

I recently had the opportunity to visit some refugee families with my husband. There were many things I was reminded about on this particular day, but one reminder stood out above all others: I am blessed. I am blessed beyond what I could have ever imagined. So, today I decided to reflect for a few quiet moments on some of the many things I am thankful for:

A warm house with space for entertaining
Three beautiful children who bring delight to my day and mess to my warm house
A husband who "gets me" when no one else does
My church and the role they play as my extended family
The ability and opportunity to play piano and lead in worship
The ability to run
The way my children get excited when Chris turns up "Bono" on the stereo
Sisters and endless conversations with them
Rainy days
Jrod's endless talking about his Wii games
The way Lily makes me smile when she dances
Ella's creative creations
Quiet time to write and reflect

I am thankful. I am truly and completely thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment