Tuesday, March 2, 2010



I married into U2. When I said "I do" to my husband, I said "I do" to the understanding that Bono would become a part of our relationship as well. I suppose it could be worse....I mean, it is Bono...and The Edge....and Larry....and well, Adam Clayton as well. Yep, my kid's learned "Vertigo" before Jesus Loves Me. And when Jrod rode in a car with some friends the other day, he asked them if they would mind turning on "Get On Your Boots."

My husband was a youth pastor for ten years. And while his impact spiritually on the lives of those he mentored was far reaching, some may have suggested that his love of U2 might have had an equally powerful impact. He created followers....of Bono that is. The above picture is a reunion of some of those followers. We went to a U2 concert last fall and I watched in awe as the group followed around Chris like royalty: Tell us, oh great one, where to find Bono, how to be close to Bono, where to go, where to sit....we will listen. Seriously, it was pretty much like that. The funny thing is, he was right on pretty much every move - we met the band, had the best seats in the house, and, admittedly, had a really great time.

So, we go again this summer. Another U2 experience. Chris delights in bringing friends who have never been to a U2 concert - they are some sort of a captivating audience for him. Thank you, Lisa and Bryan, for being captivated! :) This summer he has invited some more friends. Let me warn you, oh innocent friends of ours, once you've entertained this part of my dear husbands interest, you may never be the same again. Trust me - I married into U2.




2 comments:

  1. Are you going to the July 6 concert in Chicago? WE ARE! I, too, married into U2, so Dave decided we HAD to go to round 2 of the tour. If you're going, we should totally hook up at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are! Would love to see you! Let's make sure we chat before then :)

    ReplyDelete