Monday, March 29, 2010

Worry No More

I have a worrying problem. My dad had a perpetual "nervous stomach" while growing up, so perhaps it is hereditary.

I usually spend two hours up in the middle of the night or trying to fall asleep at the beginning of the night.

At first, I worry that my husband will fall asleep before I do.
If he falls asleep before I do, I won't be able to fall asleep because of his snoring.
If I can't fall asleep because of his snoring, I'll be absolutely exhausted in the morning.
If I'm absolutely exhausted in the morning, I won't function well in the morning.
If I don't function well in the morning, I won't get in a good work out.
If I don't get in a good work out, I'll be cranky.
If I'm cranky, I'll have a short temper with my kids.
If I have a short temper with my kids, we'll all be upset.
If we're all upset, the complaining will start.
If the complaining starts, the homework will take longer.
If the homework takes longer, the kids won't have time to play.
If the kids don't have time to play, my "to do" list won't get done.
If my "to do" list doesn't get done, I'll be stressed out.
If I'm stressed out, I won't be able to sleep.
If I can't sleep, my husband will fall asleep before me.

I should, by God's grace, be able to replace each and every "If" with one, simple "Because."
Because God is faithful, I can trust in Him.

3 comments: